Bihar police Sub Inspector eligibility, Age criteria, qualification: The policing practice in modern India commenced in 1862 after the introduction of Indian Police Act of 1861. Many officers during pre-independence India era have made significant contributions for a strong policing system.
Bihar police Sub Inspector eligibility criteria
The selection procedure for the Sub-Inspector (SI) in the Bihar state police department is based on a multi phase selection method. The recruitment is done by the Bihar state police service selection board. The candidates need to pass a written test, undergo physical standards test and attend a personal interview. The Bihar police Sub inspector eligibility criteria required for the selection of SI posts includes:
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline or equivalent.
Bihar Police sub inspector Age limit
- Minimum age required is 21 years
- Maximum age for male candidates 28
- Relaxation in age is applicable to candidates belonging to OBC, SC and ST as per rules. The advantage of age relaxation is made available to only domicile applicants of Bihar.
Bihar police SI Physical Standards
- Race for Male applicants: 1 mile race to be completed in 6 minutes.
- Minimum prescribed height: 160cms
- Chest: 81cms and when expanded should measure 86cms
- Female Height: 160cm
- Weight: 48kg.
- High Jump for Male: Minimum 4 feet
- Long Jump: Minimum 12 feet
This is an excellent and innovative opportunity for desirable job seekers to get selected for the position of Sub-Inspectors in the Bihar state government police force. The candidates who intend to apply for the Bihar police Sub inspector recruitment 2017 can browse the official website of Bihar state police department www.biharpolice.bih.nic.in/ on a regular basis. They can get first hand information regarding the details of vacancies, online applications and other details from the web.